Paramedic Technology Minor
The minor in Paramedic Technology provides advanced life support skills to assess and treat sick and injured people in the emergency setting. Upon successful completion of all Paramedic Program prerequisites and requirements, eligible graduates will qualify to challenge the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification examination for the Paramedic level. The minor in Paramedic Technology is often selected as a component of the four year Fire Science Generalist (with Certification) degree.
Admission requirements are:
- Successful completion of Paramedic Program prerequisites:
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II (BIOL 121 and 122) with a minimum grade of ‘C’ or higher (or approved transfer equivalent)
- Intermediate Algebra (MATH 102) with a minimum grade of ‘C’ or higher (or approved transfer equivalent)
- Application and acceptance to the LSSU Paramedic Program. Program size is limited.
- 18 years of age by September of year entering Paramedic-level (EMED 200 level) courses. Candidates must be 18 years of age to challenge the NREMT certification exam upon successful program completion.
- Admission to Lake Superior State University.
- Evidence of valid, current Michigan driver’s license.
- Evidence of valid, current Michigan EMT-basic license or National Registry EMT certification (AEMT also accepted).
- Evidence of current CPR or CPR instructor certification.
Current licensure as a Michigan Basic EMT and all course prerequisites must be met by the student prior to beginning this program.
|EMED 211||Emergency Pharmacology I||2|
|EMED 212||Emergency Pharmacology II||2|
|EMED 251||Advanced Emergency Care I||4|
|EMED 252||Advanced Emergency Care II||4|
|EMED 261||Emergency Cardiology I||2|
|EMED 262||Emergency Cardiology II||2|
|EMED 271||Care of Special Populations||2|
|EMED 284||Advanced Skills/Situations I||3|
|EMED 285||Advanced Skills/Situations II||3|
|EMED 286||Paramedic Operations||2|
|EMED 297||Paramedic Clinical I||2|
|EMED 298||Paramedic Clinical II||2|
|EMED 301||Natl Registry Certificatn Prep||2|
|EMED 302||Paramedic Field Internship||4|
|BIOL 121||Human Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIOL 122||Human Anatomy & Physiology II||4|