Business Administration, Marketing, BS
The marketing major is designed to prepare students for the many opportunities in the field of marketing. The study of marketing includes marketing principles, principles of selling, retail management, consumer behavior, advertising theory and practice, marketing management, sales force management, marketing research and international marketing. These courses, along with the common professional business core courses, are designed to provide our students with the appropriate knowledge and skills to understand the function of marketing in the firm and in society and to be effective decision makers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Basic Marketing Knowledge – Apply knowledge of marketing and other functional areas of business and their relationship to each other.
- Decision Making – Research, synthesize, analyze and accurately interpret quantitative and qualitative information to drive effective marketing decision-making.
- Communication in Marketing – Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, their marketing observations, findings, research, and recommendations to a large audience.
- Employability Skills – Apply entry-level, marketable skills appropriate to a marketing-related position and team in industry, such as in sales, event planning, marketing communications, public relations, retailing, market analysis, or product management.
- Use of Marketing Technology – Use technology to assist with the synthesis and analysis of data, oral and written communications, and group collaboration.
- Business Knowledge – Apply knowledge of business core subjects.
- Professional Skills – Apply skills in research, communications and critical thinking.
|Common Professional Component|
|ACTG 132||Principles of Accounting I||4|
|ACTG 133||Principles of Accounting II||4|
|BUSN 121||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUSN 211||Business Statistics||3|
|BUSN 231||Business Communications||3|
|BUSN 350||Business Law I||3|
|BUSN 403||Business, Government & Society||3|
|BUSN 466||Business Policy||3|
|ECON 201||Principles Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON 202||Principles Microeconomics||3|
|FINC 341||Managerial Finance||4|
|MGMT 280||Intro Management Info Systems||3|
|MGMT 360||Management Concepts & Apps||3|
|MGMT 371||Operations/Business Analytics||3|
|MRKT 281||Marketing Principles/ Strategy||3|
|BUSN 101||Freshman Seminar||1|
|MRKT 381||Consumer Behaviors||3|
|MRKT 480||Marketing Research||3|
|MRKT 481||Marketing Management||3|
|MATH 111||College Algebra||3|
|Marketing Electives 1||12|
|Business Electives 2||6-8|
Electives in 300/400 level courses in BUSN, MGMT, ECON, FINC, ACTG, INTB.
General Education: All LSSU bachelor’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU General Education Requirements.
A minimum of 124 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher. A gpa of 2.00 or higher is also required in your Major, as well as in your General Education Requirements.