Liberal Arts, Associate of Arts
This degree is offered to students who complete the general education requirements, any minor presently offered by the University, and free electives for a total of 62 credit hours (minimum). Consult departmental offerings for requirements of a minor and electives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Formal Communication: Students will be able to clearly express ideas relevant to their chosen studies in written and oral presentations.
- Use of Evidence: Students will be able to gather and process evidence to answer questions or solve problems within the content of their chosen studies.
- Analysis and Synthesis: Students will be able to synthesize evidence, ideas, or works of imagination to answer questions or create an appropriate end-product within their chosen studies.
- Professional Responsibility: Students will be able to apply ethical concepts and intercultural awareness when answering questions, solving problems, or completing assigned tasks related to their chosen studies.
- General Education Requirements: Complete the Bachelor’s degree General Education Requirements.
- Minor: Complete minor chosen from approved LSSU minors. The department offering your minor will both advise you and conduct your degree audit before graduation.
- General Education: All LSSU Associate’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU General Education Requirements.
A minimum of 62 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher. A gpa of 2.00 or higher is also required in your Major, as well as in your General Education Requirements.